About Social Prosperity
Social Prosperity is the National Government´s entity that leads the Inclusion and Reconciliation Sector, which the following entities are attached:
- Unit for victims
- Colombian Institute for Family Welfare
- National Centre for Historical Memory
Design, coordinate and implement public policies for social inclusion and reconciliation.
For the year 2015 extreme poverty will be eradicated and contributed to social inclusion and reconciliation.
These are functions regarding the Administrative Department of Social Prosperity in addition to determining the Law 489 of 1998 and other legal dispositions, the following:
- Formulate, direct, implement and coordinate policies, plans, programs, strategies and projects for social inclusion and reconciliation in terms of overcoming poverty and extreme poverty, care for vulnerable groups, territorial management referring to the repair victims of the armed conflict that Article 3 of Law 1448 of 2011.
- Formulate, direct, coordinate, articulate policies, plans, programs, strategies and projects integrating attention to early childhood, childhood and adolescence.
- Provide guidance to the National Order and it´s national entities for intervention of the focalized populations by the Department, within the competence of each one of them.
- Adopt and implement plans, programs, strategies and projects to manage and focus the social supply of the National Order´s entities in the Territory, with criteria of efficiency and effectiveness, to ensure the improvement of living conditions.
- Adopt and implement plans, programs, strategies and projects for the population in poverty and extreme poverty, vulnerable victims of violence and poverty, through family and community support that contributes to social inclusion and reconciliation.
- Establish monitoring schemes, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of policies, plans and projects competition of the Social Inclusion and Reconciliation sector in coordination with the entities responsible in the matter.
- Promote social innovation through the identification and implementation of private and local initiatives, among others, aimed at social and productive inclusion of the population in poverty and extreme poverty, vulnerable victims of violence and poverty.
- Formulate and implement strategies to articulate and coordinate institutional intervention for territorial development and illicit crop substitution.
- Coordinate with other relevant entities, the National Police the territorial development and substitution of illicit crops.
- Define management policies of information technologies and the communications sector Administrative Social Inclusion and Reconciliation, allowing the exchange and availability of information for the performance of the sector´s functions.
- Provide guidelines for beneficiaries’ interoperability information system by different entities.
- Direct and guide the planning of the Administrative Sector of the Social Inclusion and Reconciliation to fulfill the functions performed by it.
- Manage and build partnerships with the private sector, international organizations and other governments to facilitate and promote the achievement of the Sector´s objectives, in coordination with other relevant entities.
- Manage the Investment Fund for Peace, FIP in the terms and conditions set forth in Law 487 of 1998 and other regulations that will modify or replace.
- Being part of the National Family Welfare System established by the Law 7 of 1979.
- Other assigned the Law
The Administrative Department for Social Prosperity will promote the articulation of the Administrative Sector of Social Inclusion and Reconciliation with local authorities for the efficient implementation of policies, plans, programs, strategies and projects. To this end, it will have regional directorates through which adapt and policy issues related to the Administrative Sector of Social Inclusion and Reconciliation in the territory, in accordance with the provisions of this Decree are implemented.